Thai Mushroom and Kale Soup
Are you dreaming of a trip to the tropics right now but can’t leave home because the borders are closed?
Then why not take your tastebuds on a culinary adventure straight to the streets of Bangkok with this delicious Thai inspired Mushroom and Kale soup? With all the creaminess of coconut milk, the burn of hot chilli, and the freshness of kaffir lime and lemongrass, this is one mouth watering soup you are not going to forget it fast!
- 200g fresh oyster mushrooms
- 2-3 chillies cut and smashed (fewer if preferred) or 1 tsp of our Fermented Chilli
- 3 kaffir lime leaves
- 1 stalk lemongrass cut in 5cm bits and crushed
- 3 tsp The Broth Sisters Asian Veggie Stock Paste
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 200g tuscan kale
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- 3 tbsp coconut aminos
- handful of fresh coriander
- Cut the mushrooms into smallish chunks.
- Bring the water/stock paste to the boil and add the lime leaves, crushed lemongrass and mushrooms.
- Simmer for 5 minutes until the mushrooms are soft, turn off the heat and add the lime juice, coconut aminos and coriander.
- Serve the fragrant, hot broth into large bowls and enjoy.
For a thicker soup your may like to add rice or your choice of noodles.
We’ve added 100g of sweet potato noodles.