Stirfried Eggplant Capsicum and Potato
Spice up your Autumn nights with a vegan and flavourful stir-fry recipe that features an authentic and aromatic Indian curry paste from Tamarind Tree. This recipe is a medley of stir-fried eggplant, capsicum, and potato that is sure to satisfy your taste buds. The Tamarind Tree's handcrafted Indian curry paste, particularly the Rogan Josh Indian Railway Curry, lends a bold and authentic flavour to this dish. We're thrilled to introduce this recent addition to our online store, and we're committed to bringing you the best quality products. The Tamarind Tree's curry paste has been created using traditional recipes passed down through generations and is made with locally sourced ingredients. We're proud to support local artisans here in Melbourne and are excited to share this recipe with you. So why not try this dish and discover the delicious flavours of the Tamarind Tree for yourself? The Rogan Josh Indian Railway Curry is available in our online farmers market, so take advantage now!
- 2 tbsp Tamarind Tree Gourmet Sauces Indian Railway Rogan Josh
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 30ml oil
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 2 Desiree potatoes, diced
- 1 red capsicum, diced
- 1 green capsicum, diced
- 2 deseeded tomatoes, diced
- 1 roasted eggplant, diced
- Coriander for garnish
TO ROAST EGGPLANT
- Preheat the oven to 240°C and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Cut the eggplant into cubes and toss them with 15mL of oil, salt to taste, and 1/2 tbsp of Tamarind Tree Gourmet Sauces Indian Railway Rogan Josh.
- Spread the eggplant cubes in a single layer on the prepared baking tray and roast them in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, or until the edges are caramelised.
- Remove from oven and set aside.
- In a separate pan, heat the remaining oil and sauté the diced onion and potato. Season with salt and add 1/2 cup of water. Cover the pan with a lid and cook on a low flame until the potatoes are half cooked.
- Add the diced capsicum to the pan and continue to sauté. Add 1 1/2 tbsp of Tamarind Tree Indian Railway Rogan Josh and 2 tbsp of tomato paste, along with 1/2 cup of water. Continue to cook until the potatoes are fully cooked and the capsicum is soft.
- Add the roasted eggplant cubes and diced tomato to the pan. Mix lightly to coat the vegetables with the sauce. Season with salt and cover the pan with a lid. Bring the vegetables to a robust boil on high heat and then switch off the flame. Let the veggies infuse in the sauce for a few minutes.
- Garnish with coriander and serve with rice, roti, naan or as a side to other curries.