Open Burrito Bites Recipe
Looking for something a little hot, fast and spicy this holiday break? Well look no further, as we have the recipe you are bound to love. Part of our 'fast food at home' collection that we turn to when our days get busier, our burrito bites are quick and easy to make, are versatile, with ingredients that can be chopped and changed to suit all palates and dietary requirements. Serve them with or without burrito boats and let everyone help out in the kitchen chopping up and grating the accompaniments. For a little Christmas twist you might like to substitute the pastured beef mince with turkey mince and serve with a fresh mango salsa.
Have a great holiday season and savour the flavour of these tasty treats.
Linda and Jane
- 500gm pastured beef mince
- 1 medium brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 red capsicum diced
- 2 teaspoons Mexican spice mix or to taste
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 400gm cooked black beans
- 1 teaspoon spiral miso paste
- 1 cup beef bone broth
- 1 cup cooked organic quinoa (optional)
- Sauté onion and garlic in a tablespoon of olive oil.
- Add Mexican spice and dried oregano and stir through.
- Add beef mince and brown.
- Add diced capsicum, miso paste, bone broth, tomato paste and black beans and cook over medium heat for about 15-20 mins.
- Add in cooked quinoa and warm through.
Serve with shredded lettuce, sliced tomatoes and Lebanese cucumbers, capsicum strips, sliced or mashed avocado with togarashi spice, grated tasty cheese, goats milk yoghurt and burrito boats.
Organic brown lentils or kidney beans may be substituted for black beans.